Monday, September 2, 2013

Meeting Robyn Egge

A few months ago I met a lovely woman by the name of Karen, she came to me for a lesson in short rows and to share a wonderful secret with me.

Today I drove the 45 minutes from my home to Warkworth just north of Auckland to see for myself.


Robyn Egge Yarns is everything you want your LYS to be, bright, charming, elegant, just like it's owner. Everything on display is neat, tidy and accessible, there is no clutter, extra stock is neatly tucked away out of sight, pattern books are easy to find and the store is part of the Ravelry LYS programme so  online patterns will be available soon.

When I walked it I was almost overcome with the loveliness of the shop, the clean crisp white, of the walls and units, the polished concrete floor, the overwhelming gorgeousness of the feature wallpaper in a striking bird print, the attention to detail and the seamless logo/marketing/theme.


Karen is working hard to bring you the special yarns you covet from overseas and home, when I arrived she showed me a huge box of Sweet Georgia yarns that had just come in, beautiful, beautiful yarns, and the cake stand on the table was dripping with the jewel like tones of Knitsch sock yarn. It is early days, there is much more to come.


Standard and workhorse yarns have not been forgotten, there are many fibres, ranges and colours available for all types of knitters and knitting and a small, but perfect range of beautiful ready made baby clothes and toys is available for those needing a gift


I'm happy to announce that I will be teaching my Absolute Beginners class on September 14  (unfortunately this class is full, but please contact Karen via the website contact form if you wish to register your interest in a future class).

And Introduction to circular needles on Saturday September 28th
(unfortunately, this class is also full, but once again, register your interest)

We discussed the possibility of a Finishing class, buttonholes, bind offs, seaming etc. I am very keen, so we will look at that with a view to November.

I'm so excited to be working with Karen, she has created an absolute oasis.


Two of the girls visited me today, I haven't seen them since before KAN, which means I haven't seen Isla in over two weeks, she has grown more hair!


Kisses from Mummy and Auntie Blaise (in blue) they are all so delightful!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are very lucky here in Warkworth! The finishing workshop sounds like a great idea. Suzanne